It’s great and all that we can have all our favorite foods guilt-free just by keeping some nutritional guidelines in mind.
It doesn’t mean, though that we can have everything.
There will (and should) always be tradeoffs. For every choice you make comes a compromise.
Here’s the best way to think about it:
If you say “yes” to one thing, you have to say “no” to another.
What you’re willing to trade off is completely up to you.
Real Life Examples
- If you have that extra slice of pizza, that might mean saying “no” to ice cream.
- If you end up eating the whole bag of chips, that might mean saying “no” to the rest of the day’s domino foods.
- If you have 4 glasses of wine today, that might mean saying “no” to tomorrow’s glass of wine for dinner.
- If you drink that 510-calorie Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks, that might been saying no to the cheeseburger you were thinking about getting later.
- If you want to lose the next couple pounds, that might mean saying “no” (temporarily) to your Saturday outings with friends.
Observe your habits, weigh your options, and make some minor adjustments if necessary.
Remember, you make the rules now.
You just have to make sure that you keep yourself accountable even when nobody’s watching.